Cultural Capacity Building Grant
Cultural Capacity Building grants provide general operating support over a three-year period to eligible arts, cultural and humanities organizations in Iowa. Organizations with annual operating expenses above $10,000 that demonstrate a commitment to enhancing their cultural and managerial excellence and community service are eligible to apply.
Funding for the program is made possible by an annual appropriation from the Iowa Legislature to the Iowa Arts Council, which exists within the Iowa Economic Development Authority, and by the National Endowment for the Arts, a federal agency.
- Iowa 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations whose primary mission and purpose is focused on arts or culture and arts or cultural divisions of a municipal government.
- Eligible entities must maintain a cash operating expense budget of no less than $10,000 per year.
- Applicant must have a minimum of one dedicated staff or volunteer position that works for the organization year-round and is responsible for oversight and management of the organization.
How do I Apply?
- Applicants must complete an online application by May 15, 2024, on iowaartscouncil.slideroom.com.
- Please review the Grant Guidelines found under the Resources below for additional information on eligibility requirements, use of funding, reporting requirements and the review process. Application questions and scoring rubric can be found in the Grant Guidelines.
- 2024 Cultural Capacity Building Grant Guidelines
- Schedule a meeting with Program Manager Jennie Knoebel to discuss questions about application.
- FY 2024 Cultural Capacity Building Grant Recipients
Manage Your Grant